On Saturday 16 April 2016 the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra will perform classic dance music tracks inspired by the legendary Cream club night.
The event, curated by dance music duo and former Cream residents K-Klass, will take place in Liverpool Cathedral.
“This is an amazing project that unites the musical forces of Liverpool in one massive feast for the ears. So many colours and sounds from synthesisers originate from acoustic instruments that there is a clear and exciting sound world that is shared between these two bodies, rich for exploration. This common musical ground is so powerful as we have all the colours and textures of an orchestra, mixed with beats, bass lines, live vocalists and one epic sound system! This will be truly incredible,” commented conductor and arranger Tim Crooks.
The event is the first in a series to be staged by Cream in Liverpool after the closure of their spiritual home in the city Nation nightclub.
Pre-sale tickets for the concert go on sale at 10.00 on Tuesday 24 November 2015 with a general release on Wednesday 25 November.
Ten current EDMblog favourites:
- Faithless ft. Harry Collier – Bombs 2.0 (Claptone remix) (Sony Music)
- Armin van Buuren ft. Cimo Frankel – Strong Ones (Armind)
- Armin van Buuren ft. Kensington – Heading Up High (Armada Music)
- Probspot – Crime Of Passion (Statement!)
- Genix – Kaktus (Armind)
- Michael Woods – London Baby! (Diffused Music)
- Dan Stone ft. Victoria Shersick – Only The Memories (Future Sound of Egypt)
- Faithless – Not Going Home (Eric Prydz remix) (Sony Music)
- Faithless – We Come 1 2.0 (Armin van Buuren remix) (Sony Music)
- Faithless – Salve Mea 2.0 (Above & Beyond remix) (Sony Music)
This month there are a couple of tracks from Armin van Buuren’s new studio album called Embrace.
There are also 4 tracks from the fantastically brilliant Faithless 2.0 album which is a must have addition to any record collection.
Enjoy the music!
If you have any knowledge of the history of dance music you will know that modern EDM would not exist without the tracks featured on the new Carwash – Disco Classics album.
Disco was part of a musical revolution when it exploded onto the scene in the 1970s and an exciting new dance culture evolved.
Legends of the genre are featured on the album including Sister Sledge, Candi Staton, Gloria Gaynor, Diana Ross, Donna Summer and the incomparable Sylvester.
The 3 CD album features 60 tracks and is available now via Amazon and iTunes.
Add this to your record collection now! It’s awesome.
Dave Pearce and Ben Hennessy have released a follow up track to their recent hit So Damn Beautiful.
The official music video for the track – called Insane – features snowboarders, rippling water and a girl in a very tight catsuit. Check it out:
Dave Pearce & Ben Hennessy – Insane is released on Delirium Recordings and is currently available via Beatport.
Vocalist Cavali Jay has released a new single called Shattered Glass.
Since starting his musical career Jay has experimented with love ballads, cheesy pop, Euro pop, Electronica and chill out.
After working with producer Jorden Milnes he has now crafted a track which sounds a bit like Zedd and a lot like Darren Hayes.
Check out Cavali Jay’s new sound via www.reverbnation/CavaliJayOfficial and keep up with his developing musical career via his profiles on Facebook and Twitter.
A video to accompany the single will follow soon.
Ten current EDMblog favourites:
- Chicane – Ibiza Beeps (Modena Records)
- Simeon – Morning Light (Future Soundz)
- Pierce Fulton ft. JHart – Landmines (Armada Music)
- Latroit x Fawks – Just Do That (Vicious Bitch)
- Boom Jinx & Meredith Call – Bring Me Back Around (Original mix) (Anjunabeats)
- Dimix ft. Amy Kirkpatrick – Started A Fire (ProjeKt B remix) (Glamour Punk)
- NoMosk ft. Cari – Don’t Hold Back (Suanda Music)
- Up & Forward – Aquamarine (The Orange Rocket Jump remix) (Mondo Records)
- Dave Pearce & Ben Hennessy – Insane (Delirium Recordings)
- Monoverse – Supercell (Future Sound of Egypt Excelsior)
There is some great music around this month.
Chicane delivers his classic unique sound with Ibiza Beeps.
The Simeon and Pierce Fulton tracks are uplifting guitar based records.
The vocal on the Dimix track is stunning.
If you like vocal trance check out the NoMosk track. It is absolutely guaranteed to get your hands in the air and your feet dancing.
The Dave Pearce & Ben Hennessy record is banging and forthcoming on the new Delerium Recordings label.
And the Monoverse is a fantastic slab of stonking trance.
Enjoy the music!
Faithless have released a new compilation.
It features classic tracks such as Insomnia, We Come 1 and God Is A DJ remixed by some of the hottest artists currently on the dance music scene including Avicii, Armin van Buuren and Eric Prydz.
Other artists who have added a fresh twist to Faithless’ music include Above & Beyond, Axwell, Claptone and Autograf.
The second disc features the tracks in their original form.
The album – Faithless 2.0 – has been released in anticipation of a UK tour visiting Glasgow, Birmingham, London and Manchester.