Armin van Buuren has described Farius as a “rising star” in the progressive trance scene.
His new track – Jouska – is yet more evidence this is definitely the case.
Farius’ previous record – Sweet Deception – was awarded Mixmag Tune Of The Month status and the new one has also got to be a contender.
According to the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows, jouska means a hypothetical conversation that you compulsively play out in your heard – a crisp analysis, a cathartic dialogue, a devastating comeback – which serves as a kind of psychological batting cage where you can connect more deeply with people than in the small ball of everyday life, which is a frustratingly cautious game of change-up pitches, sacrifice bunts and intentional walks.
Jouska is released by Delirium Recordings and is available now on Beatport.
Above & Beyond are to play one of the biggest events of their career at London’s O2 Arena on Saturday 4 November 2017.
Following their 2016 Acoustic tour – which visited venues including the Royal Albert Hall, the Hollywood Bowl and Sydney Opera House – the O2 event will be the only DJ performance by the trio in London in 2017.
“We still have fond memories of our first London gig to 200 people on a Thursday night at Turnmills so to be on stage where we’re taking on the O2 is a proper pinch yourself moment. And there’s always something extra special about playing to your hometown crowd,” commented Above & Beyond.
Tickets for the event will be available via gigsandtours.com from 09.00 on Friday 26 May 2017.
Above & Beyond’s latest single – Alright Now – is out now on Spotify, iTunes and other outlets.
Clubbing institution Cream are celebrating their 25th anniversary with a special Weekender event.
The Cream 25 Weekender will take place from 1-3 December 2017 at Butlin’s in Minehead, Somerset.
The 3 day celebration will feature performances from Cream legends including Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Faithless, Graeme Park, Jeremy Healy, Judge Jules, K-Klass, Seb Fontaine and many more.
Tickets are now on sale and start from £185 per person.
For more information visit: http://weekender.cream.co.uk/
Ten of the best tracks around at the moment as chosen by TheEDMBlog:
- ATB ft. Robbin & Jonnies with F51 – Message Out To You (Armada Music)
- Mario Ochoa – Valencia (Undr The Radr)
- Damien S ft. Molly Bancroft – Soaking Up The Sky (Zak Rush remix) (Above All Records)
- Junoclarc – Love Brand New (Subliminal)
- Jordy Eley – Elevate (Black Sunset Music)
- Frainbreeze & Lucid Blue – World Of Nothing (Suanda Base)
- Conjure One ft. Hannah Ray – Kill The Fear (Farius remix) (Armada Music)
- Nic Toms – Dream Big (Statement!)
- Whiteout – Airlines (Eximinds Airlines)
- JES & Game Chasers – Carry Me Away (Markus Schulz remix) (Magik Muzik)
The new ATB track is great.
Zak Rush has done an excellent job on the Soaking Up The Sky remix.
And the Nic Toms is a big record in every way.
Enjoy the music!
Para X is to release a debut artist album.
In the past his tracks have featured on global compilations by EMI and Sony as well as established underground albums such as Technoclub and D-Trance.
He has also found himself on the playlists of names including Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Aly & Fila, Giuseppe Ottaviani and Manuel Le Saux.
Rising Star represents his first solo album and features tracks including Northern Clouds, Sparkling Waterfalls, Psycholada and Heal My Wounds.
“The beauty of trance fulfils my life with pure bliss,” he says.
“Emotional music helps me to escape from all the bad and devastating things in life. It is always there for you when you need it and it doesn’t ask for reward. Knowing that there are people out there feeling just the same way as me pushed me towards creating this album. I wanted to share my emotions and provide a place to escape your troubles once in a while.”
Para X – Rising Star will be released as a CD and for download by Discover Records on 29 May 2017.
Ten of the best tracks around at the moment as chosen by TheEDMblog:
- Evgeny Lebedev & Djiva – Beam Of Light (Black Hole Recordings)
- VAHNI ft. Kemi Sulola – Take You There (Electronic Elements)
- NekliFF – Moonlight (Timeless Moment)
- Junoclarc & Erick Morillo ft. Ora Solar – Don’t Belong (Subliminal)
- Ashley Wallbridge ft. KARRA – Undiscovered (Armada)
- Jeremy Vancaulart ft. Holly Drummond – Let Go (Black Sunset Music)
- Jack Lawnder – Lounge (We Love Techno)
- LUC ONE – In My Head (Musical Madness)
- Arnej – They Still Need Us (Be Change Records)
- REVKIN – The Journey (InToneNation Records)
The standard of music this month is very high.
Great stuff from the likes of NekliFF, Ashley Wallbridge, Jeremy Vancaulart and LUC ONE.
The track by Jack Lawnder is very tasty.
Arnej always creates music which is indefinable and exciting.
And The Journey by REVKIN is something very special indeed.
Enjoy the music.
London-based dj and producer Farius is releasing a new track called Sweet Deception.
Farius has previously featured on labels including Vandit, Ride and Statement! Recordings.
To celebrate the release he will be making his London debut at The Gallery at Ministry of Sound on Friday 3 March 2017 supporting Dash Berlin.
Sweet Deception is forthcoming on Delirium Recordings and will be available via Beatport.